Create an Account - Increase your productivity, customize your experience, and engage in information you care about.
Show All Answers
Photo ID is REQUIRED
$60.00 fee ($50.00 refundable deposit & $10.00 service charge/non-refundable fee)
We can do certified birth certificates only for people born in Texas, and death certificates only for people who died within the City limits of Canyon. Applicants must be immediate family members only. Birth certificates are $22 per copy. Death certificates are $20 for the first copy and $3 for each additional certificate purchased at the same time. Certificates may be purchased in person, by mail or by email. If purchasing by mail, complete the form, sign, have notarized, then mail with legible copy of requestor's driver's license and payment to: City of Canyon Attn: Vital Statistics 301 16th Street Canyon, Texas 79015 To obtain certificate by email you will need to email completed, signed and notarized form and legible copy of requestor's driver's license to email@example.com. Payment must be made by calling 806-655-5003, option 3, and providing credit card information before certificate will be mailed.
We accept cash (in person only), checks, money orders, debit cards, and credit cards. We also offer bank draft, which is taken from your bank account on the 8th of each month.
Bills may also be dropped in one of two night drops we offer. They are located on the front of our building and north of our building across the street. (Utility Payment Policy)
We have four different rooms for rent. They are different in layout, size, and price. The two big rooms have a wall between them that can be taken down to make a larger area.
You may call and set it up by phone, but will be required to pay the deposit and sign the contract in person within 10 days to lock in your reservation. The rental fee has to be paid before the rental day.
No smoking or alcohol is allowed in our facilities. Community Center Rental
Monday – Saturday Session 1 12 – 3 pm Session 2 4 – 7 pm
Sunday Session 1 1 – 4 pm Session 2 5 – 8 pm
Operating hours may vary due to special events or issues beyond the control of staff.
Monday – Thursday Session 1 9-10 am Session 2 7 – 8 pm
Children 3 and under Free
Regular Admission $5
Senior Admission $3
A limited number of lockers are available to rent for .75¢.
Lockers are not available for the 2020 season.
Yes, the CAP is available for private after hour parties. More information will be updated soon.
The CAP is not offering private rentals for the 2020 season.
The CAP will be available for birthday parties. Watch for more information to be posted soon!
The CAP is not offering birthday party packages at this time for the 2020 season.
There are two large shade pavilions that may be rented when not in use by birthday parties. The round pavilion (30’) seats over 30 guests and will cost $40 per 2 hour rental. The Rectangle Pavilion (20’x30’) seats over 30 guests and will cost $30 per 2 hour rental. More rental information will be available soon.
The CAP is not offering pavilion rentals at this time for the 2020 season.
Let your local authorities know when, where and what you will be burning along with contact name and phone number. Texas Commission on Environmental Quality
NOTE: Even though there are many HLC libraries where your card will work, always be sure to return the books to the library you originally checked them out from. Also, please be sure to only have one HLC library card.
1) Calling 806-655-5015 or stopping by2) Using the My Account link at canyonlibrary.org (library card number and pin needed)3) Leaving a voice-mail after hours w/ your name, phone number and library card number
Note: Items can be renewed up to three times unless a hold has been placed on it.
UPSKinko’s in Amarillo
UPS StoreMedi-Drive Pharmacy
City Commission meetings are typically held the first and third Monday of each month at 4:30 pm. Meetings are sometimes canceled due to holidays.
* Not Guilty:means that you deny guilt and requires the State to prove the charge. A plea of not guilty does not waive any of your rights. A plea of not guilty does not prevent a plea of guilty or no contest at a later date.
* Guilty:means you admit that you committed the criminal offense charged.
* Nolo Contendere (No Contest):means that you do not contest the State's charge against you. The difference between a plea of guilty and no contest is that a nolo contendere plea may not be later used against you in a civil suite for damages.
* Expired Driver's License:May be dismissed upon payment of a $20.00 dismissal fee with proof that you renewed by the court date on the citation.
* Deferred Disposition:This is available to dismiss offenses. You must pay the equivalent of the window fine and costs in addition to a special expense fee, and you cannot receive any citations/convictions in the State during your deferral period. You must request this option by the appearance date on your citation. This option cannot be chosen if you had a commercial driver's license at the time of offense or were speeding 25 mph over the limit. **Note: Some offenses may have additional requirements.**
* Driver's Safety Course:May be used to dismiss one moving traffic violation. You must provide written request to the Court by your appearance date. You will be required to pay an administration fee and court costs. This option is unavailable to you if you do not hold a valid TX DL (military exempt). Do not have proof of insurance, a CDL holder, were speeding 25 mph over the limit, passing a school bus, leaving the scene, or cited in a work zone while workers present.
Structures may be built in portions of the special flood hazard area or floodplain, but they may have to be elevated to avoid flooding. No structure may be built in the floodway, however.
City registration requires registering your State license More...
For abandoned vehicles, animals, and noise nuisances, please contact the Canyon Police Department at (806) 655-5005. For accumulation, restriction of view, and weed and grass nuisances, please call (806) 655-5014 or fill out the Nuisance Complaint Form (below) and submit it to: Planning & Development 301 16th St. Canyon, TX 79015
Building permit fees vary. See the fee schedule for more information.
You do not need a permit for a fence, but there are fencing requirements.
For more information, visit the permit's section.
A home occupation shall specifically exclude the operation of a repair garage, barbershop, plumbing shop, or similar activity.
HUD-Code approved manufactured homes are allowed in any lawfully operated mobile home park.
A manufactured home may also be located as a fixed dwelling in zoning districts SF-V, RC-2, RC-3 and PD. They may be located in zoning district MF with a specific use permit.
A mobile home as a fixed dwelling must be skirted with a masonry resting on a concrete footing.
You can register your vehicle at the Randall County Tax Assessor / Collector located at 501 16th Street in Canyon or at the Randall County North Annex located at 4320 S. Western in Amarillo, Texas.
Contact the City of Canyon Planning & Development Department at (806) 655-5014 ext. 104 to obtain any necessary permits. If you need to increase the size of your current meter, this can be done in person through the Public Works Department. Both of these departments are located at 301 16th St. If you currently have a 5/8” meter and need to upgrade to a 3/4” meter, the cost is $125.00. If you need to upgrade to a 1” meter, the cost increases to $750.00 due to the fact we must replace the entire line.